Being a Gay Christian

Here are my struggles to reconcile my religion & sexual orientation. I used to think that being a Christian and being gay were mutually exclusive. God revealed to me that I am his child, created Just As I Am. God’s awesome gift comes with challenges, yet opportunities to share the good news to many who have rejected religion. Or who have suppressed their sexuality to keep their religion. I welcome this ministry and the unbelievable strength he gives me to do it.

Name:

I'm gay and while that does tell you which gender I want to fall in love with, it tells you nothing about my lifestyle. As you read you'll learn about that.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Ends Justify the Means

Deceit and billigerance. That's the Christian way to get things done, right? My way or no way. The ends justify the means. That's what Jesus would do, right? He would bully people to obey him. He would practice deceit to get people to do things his way. Lies are perfectly ok when they get people to become Christian or at least behave like they should. Plus Jesus would let you commit all the sins you want if you obey one commandment - greed gets a pass if you favor anti-abortion.

NOT!!

Yet this is exactly what I see with pro-life supporters. They are perfectly willing to use intimidation and deceit to change the laws. And of course there's only ONE solution to the problem.

For those pushing to overturn Roe V Wade, it seems like people who work to reduce the number of abortions would be a good thing. It seems that people who promise to overturn the law and then do not, would be a less desirable result. Yet I think that's exactly the situation we have. Obama, I'm confident, will work to reduce the number of abortions. McCain may put a judge on the Supreme Court that might make it more agreeable to overturning the ruling, but that's no guaranty. Meanwhile he doesn't plan on doing anything else.

Meanwhile the Catholic Church wants to punish those who don't agree with it's narrow, single issue. Would they vote for a tyrant if he promised to overturn Roe V Wade?

And if they ever do manage to change the laws, they can rest assured their place in heaven is guaranteed. Once Roe V Wade is overturned, there will never be another abortion in this country.

Yeah right.

But what disturbs me even more are those that would use trickery and deceit to get their way. They mislead people to get them to vote a certain way which well set them up to eventually challenge the laws they dispise. In Colorado such a deceit is happening. A contingent wants people to vote that personhood begins at conception.

To me that is a non-scientific declaration we don't have the wisdom to properly determine. And unintended consequences be damned. If it passed it would essentially end invitro fertilization as no company would want the responsiblity of thousands of fertilized eggs now labeled as people. So by forcing people who don't want children to have them they would deny people who really do want children from having them.

When the health of the mother is in danger, let her die and take the baby with her, is their rally cry. Rape - well that was God's will. Some god they believe in.

The whole idea of giving government control over reproduction is an intimidating concept. Ah the refreshing air of compassionate conservatism.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home