Being a Gay Christian

Here are my struggles to reconcile my religion & sexual orientation. I used to think that being a Christian and being gay were mutually exclusive. God revealed to me that I am his child, created Just As I Am. God’s awesome gift comes with challenges, yet opportunities to share the good news to many who have rejected religion. Or who have suppressed their sexuality to keep their religion. I welcome this ministry and the unbelievable strength he gives me to do it.

Name:

I'm gay and while that does tell you which gender I want to fall in love with, it tells you nothing about my lifestyle. As you read you'll learn about that.

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Lifestyles

Gay critics like to talk about people's lifestyles, how some are good and some bad, how there's pretty much just two.

Another pre-dawn train of thought pushed back on that idea. First of all, lifestyles are as varied as there are people. All of them have good points and bad. All of them are much more than sex and spouse.

I also think that while lifestyles can be chosen, for the most part, we arrive at them through the circumstances of life. how many of us truly embrace the lifestyle we have? Is that part of the objection the critics have? That LGBT people are actually standing up and living the lifestyle closer to what they want?

But I don't feel I had much choice in the lifestyle I lead other than the choice to be happy and fulfilled or be miserable, depressed, ill-tempered and ruinous to myself and those around me.
So while by rejecting the standard one-size-fits-all lifestyle the critics would force upon us, I had no choice but to embark on my current one.

Is it ideal? No. Is it where I thought I'd be 30 years ago? Nope. Is it honest? Definitely! Am I being true to myself and those around me? Most certainly. Am I at peace with God? At last!!! Is it true to myself? Yeah. Am I happy? Yep.

My lifestyle right now is not really a choice except in the details. The one I embraced for 20 plus years was definitely a choice... and a bad choice at that. It damaged me, my relationships with family & friends, my wife & son, my career and dramatically constrained my relationship with God.

God was trying to reveal his nature to me and I was saying nope, not now. I busy leading the lifestyle that society, religion, family and You expect me to live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home