Being a Gay Christian

Here are my struggles to reconcile my religion & sexual orientation. I used to think that being a Christian and being gay were mutually exclusive. God revealed to me that I am his child, created Just As I Am. God’s awesome gift comes with challenges, yet opportunities to share the good news to many who have rejected religion. Or who have suppressed their sexuality to keep their religion. I welcome this ministry and the unbelievable strength he gives me to do it.

Name:

I'm gay and while that does tell you which gender I want to fall in love with, it tells you nothing about my lifestyle. As you read you'll learn about that.

Thursday, January 03, 2008

The Pope Strikes Again

Recently the Pope in Spain spoke out against gay marriage stating...

"The family is the primary agent of peace and the negation or even the restriction of rights of the family ... threatens the very foundations of peace."

I don't understand the logic of how allowing more people to be married and create government recognized families with all the rights married people have is in any way negating or restricting those rights. If anything it seems to broaden those rights and create a more positive environment.

He also said the family is "based on the unbreakable union of man and woman and represents the privileged environment where human life is welcomed and protected from the beginning to its natural end." Sounds like he's shutting out the kids of gay and unwed parents as well.

This is just another endorsement that the Catholic Church has no meaningful place for gays. Of course I prefer love and acceptance over rules and dogma.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home