Being a Gay Christian

Here are my struggles to reconcile my religion & sexual orientation. I used to think that being a Christian and being gay were mutually exclusive. God revealed to me that I am his child, created Just As I Am. God’s awesome gift comes with challenges, yet opportunities to share the good news to many who have rejected religion. Or who have suppressed their sexuality to keep their religion. I welcome this ministry and the unbelievable strength he gives me to do it.

Name:

I'm gay and while that does tell you which gender I want to fall in love with, it tells you nothing about my lifestyle. As you read you'll learn about that.

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

And the third new commandment - wash your hands

As I lay in bed this morning waking up, a thought occurred to me. Jesus did great things and worked many miracles. So why didn't he drop a few hints about hygiene that could have saved millions. Jewish custom was to wash feet so why didn't he tell his disciples, "Lets all wash our hands as well."

As he sent them out to the world to spread the good news, he could have also told them to spread the concept of boiling water and washing out wounds. And he might have mentioned that if they would quit emptying their chamber pots into the street, they might not have to wash their feet as much.

For that matter why didn't God make boiling drinking water a law like not eating pork? Why did He make us wait over a thousand years for society to discover penicillin and good sewers?

And think of all the embarrassing burnings at the stake the Holy Roman Empire could have avoided if Jesus had maybe mentioned that the earth revolves around the sun. 

Interesting questions, but of course no complete answers. I guess that's what I get for thinking too early.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home