Being a Gay Christian

Here are my struggles to reconcile my religion & sexual orientation. I used to think that being a Christian and being gay were mutually exclusive. God revealed to me that I am his child, created Just As I Am. God’s awesome gift comes with challenges, yet opportunities to share the good news to many who have rejected religion. Or who have suppressed their sexuality to keep their religion. I welcome this ministry and the unbelievable strength he gives me to do it.

Name:

I'm gay and while that does tell you which gender I want to fall in love with, it tells you nothing about my lifestyle. As you read you'll learn about that.

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Loving the Sinner

I understand the phylosophy in hating the sin but loving the sinner, however when I see it in practice by those that proclaim that's what they are doing, it appears flat and shallow. They seem to spend so much time hating sin they can't even begin to know how to love a sinner.

As you already know, I don't believe that homosexuality is a sin or that same sex sex is a sin. now before some of you send me reminders of scripture, save your fingers. I don't believe and never will that the scriptures mean what you think they do.

However, I am always amazed by the level of inhumanity that religion will demonstrate when it comes to gays. I have copied this as the latest offense from the Catholic Church.

The Catholic Church, a body that has been staunchly opposed to the death
penalty does not want to include international protections by the United Nations
for gay people who face death penalty charges in countries where homosexuality
is illegal. The Vatican is voicing opposition and plan to go against the French
proposal that is introducing this piece of human rights resolution.

"This week the Vatican's permanent observer to the United Nations, said the Holy See would oppose a resolution that would protect gays from being killed, just because they are gay because it would "add new categories of those protected from discrimination" and could lead to reverse discrimination against traditional heterosexual marriage.

"The French resolution, which is supported by all 27 members of the European Union, says absolutely nothing about gay marriage; it is about ending jail and death penalty sentences gays yet face in more than 85 countries including Afghanistan, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Sudan and Yemen where you can still be killed for being gay."


The lack of basic compassion by the leaders of one of the largest religious organizations in the world is stunning. As it says in 1 Corinthians 13:1...

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

Where is the love in the Vatican's position?

And can anybody explain how gay marriage will destroy straight marriage? I've yet to hear anyone explain anything but fearmongering. By now there should be plenty of examples in Massachusetts and Canada and the UK if it were. I'm sure the AFA web site would be chock full of examples of straight marriages destroyed by Ellen and Elton.

But to claim in the name of God that gay people aren't worthy of the basic respect for life is just horrible.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah i don't understand how gay marriage affects straight marriages at all. so-called "marriages" between tweens on facebook and other virtual sites should be considered to be a threat lol not gay marriages haha

2:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home