Being a Gay Christian

Here are my struggles to reconcile my religion & sexual orientation. I used to think that being a Christian and being gay were mutually exclusive. God revealed to me that I am his child, created Just As I Am. God’s awesome gift comes with challenges, yet opportunities to share the good news to many who have rejected religion. Or who have suppressed their sexuality to keep their religion. I welcome this ministry and the unbelievable strength he gives me to do it.

Name:

I'm gay and while that does tell you which gender I want to fall in love with, it tells you nothing about my lifestyle. As you read you'll learn about that.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Protests

I'm glad that people are protesting the passage of Prop 8 not only in California, but across the nation. I think this issue has helped galvanize the LGBT and allies community. Nothing gives a group backbone and resolve more than an affront or an attack.

That said, I'm not really in agreement for continued protests in front of Mormon churches. Sure the Mormon church is culpable. But they are not alone. The Mormons, probably had less involvement in Florida and Arkansas.

There are plenty of people out there who need enlightening. Another Epicopal diocese realigned itself with conservatives primary over gay issues. We gays need to focus efforts more on changing hearts. Much has happened in my lifetime especially when AIDS forced us collectively out of the closet (and ironically to realize it was a great thing to be in the open). Many people have quit fearing us. And almost half of California voters supported us for full inclusion in society.
That is a plus we can continue to build upon. Peaceful protests are a good way to remind people that we are here, that there are a lots of us, that our issues matter. All the same, we should focus on the public spaces.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home