Being a Gay Christian

Here are my struggles to reconcile my religion & sexual orientation. I used to think that being a Christian and being gay were mutually exclusive. God revealed to me that I am his child, created Just As I Am. God’s awesome gift comes with challenges, yet opportunities to share the good news to many who have rejected religion. Or who have suppressed their sexuality to keep their religion. I welcome this ministry and the unbelievable strength he gives me to do it.

Name:

I'm gay and while that does tell you which gender I want to fall in love with, it tells you nothing about my lifestyle. As you read you'll learn about that.

Friday, December 23, 2005

Tis the Season

In a wierd quirk that's the sign of our twisted times, whenever I hear a store clerk wish me a Merry Christmas, I wonder 'what did she mean by that?' Before a few weeks ago, I would not have thought anything about it. Whether it be Seasons' Greetings, Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas or Happy Hannuka, I enjoyed everyone being in a festive mood.

But thanks to those miserable perfect people who intollerantly demand that it only be Christmas and that if it isn't you are destroying this once great Christian nation under God, you filthy heathens you!!!!

Ahem, well, now I wonder, what did they mean by saying Merry Christmas. Are they one of those high & mighty souls wanting to enforce regligious purity on me? Well, we all know what that does to a testy gay badger now, don't we?

For me I'm celebrating Christmas, a time important to my faith whether or not the whole creation story happened at all, which also has secular meanings with adopted pagan traditions. I appreciate the Jewish meanings for the season which are foundations for some of the things I believe. And I allso respect and celebrate with those for which the season has no religious meaning.

My advice to those who think this is a serious moral battle they are waging - get over yourselves!!! No boycotts, no morality police, no religious propaganda, no fundamentalist governement ever made people really change their belief.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home